Collage and Mixed Media

I’ve always found peace in sketching, painting, photography and just jotting down my ideas. For as long as I can remember, I’ve been a creative person. Throughout my professional life I worked for architects, interior designers and furniture designers. I even married a creative thinker, an architect. Together we’ve renovated, designed and built several homes. I find my mind never stops moving, but how do I channel that energy?

Collage and mixed media…

The juxtaposition of elements in collage satisfies my creativity. I integrate my own handmade papers with embellishments, drawings or photography. Each piece is unique. It may tell a story, convey a feeling or sometimes a piece is designed for you to draw your own conclusion.

I feel my quest to be a successful artist has just gotten underway. I plan to continue studying a variety of artistic media and incorporate what I learn into my work. My art is limited only by my imagination.

I am a member of the La Grange Art League and the Midwest Collage Society, the National Collage Society.

Email: janlew48@hotmail.com



Monday, April 4, 2011

Downers Grove Public Library

If you have some time, take a trip to the Downers Grove Library to see the show. I am a member of this organization and happy to show my work with these fine artists.

No comments:

Post a Comment