Collage and Mixed Media

I’ve always found peace in sketching, painting, photography and just jotting down my ideas. For as long as I can remember, I’ve been a creative person. Throughout my professional life I worked for architects, interior designers and furniture designers. I even married a creative thinker, an architect. Together we’ve renovated, designed and built several homes. I find my mind never stops moving, but how do I channel that energy?

Collage and mixed media…

The juxtaposition of elements in collage satisfies my creativity. I integrate my own handmade papers with embellishments, drawings or photography. Each piece is unique. It may tell a story, convey a feeling or sometimes a piece is designed for you to draw your own conclusion.

I feel my quest to be a successful artist has just gotten underway. I plan to continue studying a variety of artistic media and incorporate what I learn into my work. My art is limited only by my imagination.

I am a member of the La Grange Art League and the Midwest Collage Society, the National Collage Society.

Email: janlew48@hotmail.com



Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Summer Arting...







I really need to carve our more time to work on my art because I love it so. Sometimes I struggle between wanting to market my work or keep it private. Either way, the creative process keeps me sane and in focus. I have worked a bit on this summer; grabbing time when I can. Now I need to catch up with the posting. I have been working on a dyptic called 'House Keys'. It's an om age to all the addresses I've had since I was a kid. 10 total! I'm excited about where that it's going. I though they could be the pieces I try my hand at having prints made. We'll see how it ends up. It's kind of personal piece and I'm not sure I want to sell any part of it. I've got a few more houses to add, but it's coming along. I'll post pictures soon.


Another summer project was working with Pam Peterson on a chair for La Grange. Last year Pam and I worked together on a rain barrel. We really had fun. I like working with her to help make her vision come alive while adding a bit of myself in there. Pam is an artist with an amazing ability to 'feel her way' through her work. She listens to her intuition and beautiful things unfold as she goes along.... and she's a lot of fun to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment